Housing Benefit BACS payments

Complete this form to have your Housing Benefit paid direct to your bank or building society account by BACS transfer. 

We are unable to pay into some accounts, such as individual savings accounts (ISAs), Post Office card accounts and some savings accounts. If you aren't sure about the account you want to use, please speak to your bank or building society. 

If you close your account or change bank accounts, you must tell us as quickly as possible as it could delay your payments. 

This form will ask you to provide

  • For tenants - your details including National Insurance number, contact details and bank details for the account you want the benefit paid to. 
  • For landlords - your details, the tenant's name and address and bank details for the account you want the benefit paid to.

Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.

Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.

Privacy Statement

Dover District Council is a Data Controller under GDPR.  In submitting this form we will collect and process your personal data.  For information about your rights and how the Council uses your data,  please view our Corporate and relevant service privacy notice which can be found on our Privacy Page