If you have overpaid business rates on your account, or if your circumstances have changed meaning you are in credit with your business rates, you can use this form to request a refund.
Completing this form does not guarantee that you will receive a refund. We will check your account to see if you are in credit and whether a refund can be issued.
If you owe business rates for previous years or you owe business rates on another account, we will be unable to give you a refund and the money will be used to go towards the amount you owe.
This form will ask you to provide
- Your business address and contact details
- The full name of the ratepayer
- The address for which you are requesting a refund (if different from your current business address)
- Your business rates account reference
- Sort code, account number and the name on the bank or building society account you would like us to send the refund to
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.
Do not use your browser back button when completing this form. If you need to go to a previous page, please use the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
This form must be completed by the ratepayer or someone authorised to do so on their behalf.
Dover District Council is a Data Controller under GDPR. In submitting this form we will collect and process your personal data. For information about your rights and how the Council uses your data, please view our Corporate and relevant service privacy notice which can be found on our Privacy Page.