If you have overpaid Council Tax on your account, or if your circumstances have changed meaning you are in credit with your Council Tax, you can use this form to request a refund.
Completing this form does not guarantee that you will receive a refund. We will check your account to see if you are in credit and whether a refund can be issued.
If you owe Council Tax for previous years or you owe Council Tax on another account, we will be unable to give you a refund and the money will be used to go towards the amount you owe.
All refunds are sent by BACS into a bank account.
This form will ask you to provide
- Your name, address and contact details
- Your Council Tax account reference (this can be found on your Council Tax bill and starts with 18)
- The address for which you are requesting a refund
- Why you are requesting a refund
- Sort code, account number and the name on the bank or building society account you would like us to send the refund to.
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.
Do not use your browser back button when completing this form. If you need to go to a previous page, please use the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
Dover District Council is a Data Controller under GDPR. In submitting this form we will collect and process your personal data. For information about your rights and how the Council uses your data, please view our Corporate and relevant service privacy notice which can be found on our Privacy Page.