Apply for a discretionary housing payment
Use this form to apply for discretionary housing payments if you are getting Housing Benefit or the housing costs element of Universal Credit and need more help with your housing costs. If you aren't getting one of these benefits, your application may be refused. If you need advice on your housing situation, you need to speak to our Housing Needs Team.
Please read the information about discretionary housing payments including who can apply before completing this form.
We will ask for:
- Your details including National Insurance number.
- Why you need help, future changes and what you are doing to help your situation.
- The amount of rent you pay and Housing Benefit you get per week.
- A full list of every type and amount of money coming into your household (your household income) and how often you get this.
- A full list of every type and amount of money going out of your household (your household outgoings) and how often you pay these.
- A full list of every type of loan and debt you pay per week and the total amount of each outstanding.
- Proof of all your bank, building society and Post Office accounts, and of all your income and outgoings.
- If you are getting or have applied for Universal Credit, we will need a full list of people who live with you, including full name, date of birth and relationship to you.
- If you are facing eviction, you will need to provide evidence such as rent arrears statements, section notices or possession orders.
- Evidence from your support worker (if you have one).
Proof to support your application
You can upload your proof to this form now or you can send it later, but your application won't be decided until we have received proof. If you don't provide proof within two weeks of completing this form your application will be cancelled and you will need to apply again, if you wish to do so.
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.
Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
To provide this service Dover District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.
Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).