Apply for a Council Tax discount for a property that is undergoing or has undergone major repair or structural alteration work
Use this form to apply for a Council Tax discount
- For a property that needs or is undergoing structural alterations or major repair.
- Retrospectively for a property that has had structural alterations or major repairs completed.
Once you've completed this form, a Visiting Officer will contact you to arrange an appointment to inspect the inside and outside of the property. No discount can be applied until a visit takes place.
If you are applying for this discount retrospectively (for works already done) a Compliance Officer will review all the information submitted to see whether a visit inside and outside the property is still necessary and contact you if this is needed. If sufficient evidence is provided we will confirm in writing or by email whether the discount has been awarded or not.
This form will ask you to provide
- Your details including your contact details and current address.
- The address for which you are applying.
- Your postal address, if your current address is the address for which you are applying.
- Council Tax account reference for the property for which you are applying.
- Details about the work needed, being carried out or completed including the start and end date.
- If applying retrospectively, evidence of the work carried out including quotations, invoices, receipts, photographs and surveyors reports if possible.
Please have this information ready as pages time-out after one hour.
Do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
To provide this service Dover District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.
Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).