Apply for a Council Tax disabled reduction
If you have adapted your home to meet the needs of a disabled person who lives there, and he or she is permanently and substantially disabled, we may be able to reduce your Council Tax bill.
To get a disabled reduction the property must have at least one of the following features:
- an extra bathroom or kitchen needed for the disabled person
- a room other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet which the disabled person needs and uses
- enough floor space indoors to allow the use of a wheelchair which is needed for the disabled person.
This form will ask you to provide
- Your details.
- The name and address of the disabled person.
- The nature of their disability.
- Which of the features listed above the property has.
- The date from which these conditions apply.
Once we have received your form, our Visiting Officer will arrange an appointment with you to visit and inspect the property before deciding if you are entitled to the reduction.
Please note that you only have 60 minutes to fill out each page of this form.
Do not use your browser back button when completing this form. If you need to go to a previous page, please use the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
To provide this service Dover District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.
Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).