Apply for business rates rural rate relief
Use this form to apply for business rates rural rate relief.
This form will ask you to provide
- your name and position within the organisation
- your business rates account number
- the full name of the ratepayer
- your business address and contact details
- correspondence address (if different from your current business address)
- type of business
- how many people are employed by the business and live within the district
- why you are applying for rural rate relief, including reasons that may have caused loss of trade or business
- how this rural rate relief can be shown as acceptable to the local Council Tax payers
- copies of the last 3 years audited accounts for the business
This form must be completed by the ratepayer or someone authorised to do so on their behalf.
Please do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
You only have 60 minutes to fill out each page of this form.
To provide this service Dover District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.
Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).