Apply for rate relief for charities and non-profit making organisations
Use this form to apply for rate relief for charities and non-profit making organisations.
This form will ask you to provide
- your name and position within the organisation
- your business rates account number
- your business name, address and contact details
- correspondence address (if different from your current business address)
- what the property is being used for
- charity commissioners registration number, if applicable
- the type of relief you are applying for (mandatory, discretionary or both)
- the main objectives and purpose of the organisation
- HMRC registration number, if applicable
- the benefits of the organisation to the community, facilities, membership criteria etc
- if the organisation receives extra aid, how much and proof of this
- total income/expenditure for the year and reason for surplus/deficit
- total reserves and details of intended use
If you are applying for discretionary relief, the following documents must be uploaded with your application
- a copy of the memorandum and articles of association or rules of the association and
- copies of the last 3 years audited accounts and balance sheets
Please do not use your browser’s back button - if you need to go to a previous page click on the ‘previous’ button at the bottom of each page.
You only have 60 minutes to fill out each page of this form.
To provide this service Dover District Council will collect and process personal information. We may check some of the information with other sources (e.g. government departments and other councils) to verify your identity and ensure that the information you have provided is accurate.
Your personal information is being processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Please refer to our Corporate Privacy Notice for further details on how we process your personal information and your rights. This is also available in other formats (e.g. print).